PRODUCTS WITH A PURPOSE
Profits from Rwanda Children's Store help us offset a portion of our operating costs and allow us serve even more at-risk kids.
CHICKENS AND GOATS CAN PROVIDE SUSTENANCE FOR RWANDAN FAMILies
- Give a chicken. Chickens cost $1.00 each… and we’ll name them after you or anyone you’d like to honor in this way! Name your chicken
- Give a goat. Goats cost $30 each… and we’ll name them after you or anyone you’d like to honor in this way! Name your goat
- With their earnings from their goat, families can pay for food, clothing, school uniforms and tuition, and health care.
- Goats often have two or three babies a year, enabling families to start small dairies.
- Goat manure can be used to fertilize gardens and fields.
- Extra milk can be made into cheese and sold to make extra money for the family.
- Goats can supply a family with several quarts of milk each day—important nutrition for undernourished, or malnourished children.
- Goats can graze on land unsuitable for other livestock.
Handcrafted Gifts from Rwanda
The Rwanda Children organization provides supplies and training for widows and other women who are struggling to rise out of poverty by creating traditional Rwandan crafts. The women are paid a fair-market wage for every hand-crafted bowl someone donates to receive. The women and their families benefit from your donation, and Rwanda Children is able to sustain our efforts in supporting these women in their craft making. See our selection of handmade traditional Rwandan bowls below.